Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Getting back into cross stitching

As I mentioned in my previous post, I  go through spurts of different crafts. It's been several years since I've done any cross stitching. In the past, most of the work I've done was just kits from Hobby Lobby, Michaels or Jo-Ann. I didn't have a choice of fabric or floss. I just used whatever came in the kit. Only a few times did I do a pattern from a magazine or such. Even then, I just bought the basic aida cloth and DMC floss. This time, I somehow became aware of some great designers and tons of fabric and floss choices. This might be a financially dangerous hobby! :)

Since each of my flowers of the month is only taking about a week to complete, I figured that I need something else to work on for the other three weeks of the month. There are literally tons of projects that I would love to do, but I had to narrow it down a little! Below are the ones I decided to start with. By that, I mean that I bought the pattern, fabric and threads. I've only started stitching on one so far.



The "Green" series by Lizzie Kate. This is six separate patterns, but can be stitched together if you choose. The pattern for the border is available free on  the Lizzie Kate website.





"Cornwall Cottage Sampler " by Rosewood Manor. This one is HUGE! Size is something I will need to remember to consider before deciding on future projects! On 32 count fabric, the stitched area will be 18.5 x 18.5! 




"Perception" by Elizabeth Almond, from Cross-stitch & Needlework magazine,  March 2012.




"Dandy Wishes" by Sharon Pope, from just Cross Stitch magazine, April 2015. 



"Welcome Spring" by Little House Needlework. The pattern was free with the purchase of three new thread colors by Classic Colorworks. I bought mine from Anita's Little Stitches



"Garden Pleasures" by Little House Needleworks. This is the only one I've started on so far. (Edit:I posted a picture of my progress, but for some reason the picture is lost now, so I have removed the broken link.)


I think that's all. That's enough to keep me busy for quite a while. I've already spent a pretty penny and still need to figure out how I will display them. I will try to update my progress periodically. I might also write a post with some of my other favorites that I would love to do. :) 


And below is a picture of my April flower of the month, Sweet Pea.  





3 comments:

  1. Wow love your flowers
    What a great idea to write the name under them :)
    Beautiful stitched
    Esmeralda from Holland

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful stash
    Look forward to see the progress

    ReplyDelete