Monday, April 6, 2015

Starting a blog

I've decided to become a blogger. Not because I plan on making a business out of it, but just to document what I'm working on at the moment. My obsessions change frequently. I might be into crocheting for a year or two, and then I might be into cross stitching for a year or two. Sometimes I might post about gardening or reading. Who knows! 

I'll just give you a little snippet of who I am. I'm a stay at home mom of three. Ashley is 19, Brandon is 7 and Madison is almost 3. I've been married to my husband for 21 years. I've been feeling like I need some kind of change in my life. Maybe divorce, maybe running away and never coming back, maybe I'll just continue to sit here and feel depressed. I don't know yet. That's all I have to say about that right now. 

I was on a crochet streak up until a couple of months ago. I was working on a very large afghan for my oldest daughter. It took me two years to complete. I would get tired of it and put it away for several months at a time. I wasn't very impressed with her color or style choices at first. Once it was close to being complete, it started growing on me. It was so soft and snuggly! Below are some pictures of it. 






During my periods of not wanting to work on Ashley's afghan, I made some bags/purses, washcloths, hats, etc. I also made a dress up costume for my 2 year old, Madison. She loves the movie "Frozen", so I couldn't resist when I saw the patterns for the "Anna" items. See below.




I also made a "Hobbes" for my son, Brandon's 7th birthday. He loves the Calvin & Hobbes comic books, so I thought he might really like this stuffed animal. 



Once I finished Ashley's afghan, I felt like my crochet streak was coming to an end. I decided to dust off my cross stitch supplies. I hadn't done any cross stitching in several years. As I was looking through all of my  cross stitch bookmarks and pins, and doing some Google searches, I came across a stitch-along (SAL) at Brownie's Chair. The SAL is for the free flower of the month patterns by Ellen Maurer-Stroh of EMS Designs. These flowers have been on my wish list for quite a while, so I thought this would be a perfect time to start them. Below is a picture of all twelve flowers. Aren't they gorgeous? 



 I joined the SAL at the end of February. I started with the March Daffodils on February 28th. It only took about a week to complete, so I then started on the February Violets. Those also took about a week, so I started on the January Carnations. In three weeks, I was caught up! Actually, most of the other people in the SAL are not as far along as I am. They probably have a life. Lol! Below is a picture of what my flowers looked like as of March 24th.



 I had about a week to go until April, so I started shopping for other projects to work on. I found way too many! I'll do a new post with my purchases and wish list. I hope I can easily figure out how to use this blog! :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment